Effective, appealing scents a priority in aerosol product development
Home fragrance is a concept that has been around almost as long as we have, with household aromatics having a history all the way back to 3,000 BC when Ancient Egyptians used jasmine and lotus flower to connect to the gods, and Ancient Chinese households burned mandarins and flowers to cleanse a room. But the concept really took off during the Renaissance in Paris, a time when bathing was thought to be unhealthy, and households sought a means to deal with the resulting odors.
Today, consumers remain interested in home fragrances for a variety of reasons, including emotional connection, personal expression, and well-being. Often different scents are associated with cleanliness, relaxation, or a particular season.
Positioning your household liquid and aerosol products with the most effective and appealing scents can be advantageous in capturing your portion of the market!
There are several current trends in fragrance for home products. Here are some of the most popular:
- Natural and Botanical Scents: Natural and botanical scents are a popular trend in home fragrance. Consumers are increasingly interested in products that contain ingredients that are sustainably sourced and eco-friendly. Fragrances such as lavender, rose, and eucalyptus are popular choices for home products.
- Wellness and Relaxation Scents: With the rise of self-care and wellness trends, fragrances that promote relaxation and stress relief are becoming more popular. Scents such as chamomile, vanilla, and sandalwood are popular choices for home fragrance products.
- Seasonal Scents: Seasonal scents always are popular, with holiday-inspired fragrances such as cinnamon, peppermint, and gingerbread being particularly popular during the winter months. Scents that evoke the seasons, such as pumpkin spice and apple cider, are also strong choices.
- Unique Scents: Consumers are increasingly interested in unique, less traditional fragrance choices for their home products. Scents such as smoked wood or leather are becoming more popular in-home products.
- Minimalist and Clean Scents: Minimalist and clean scents are a popular trend in home fragrance. Scents that are light and fresh, such as citrus and clean linen, are popular choices for consumers who prefer a more subtle fragrance in their homes.
Finding a contract filler and formulating partner who understands these trends and can deliver effective fragrance results for your products is essential in today’s household product marketplace. PLZ has a team of skilled chemists, formulation experts and marketing category analysts ready to help you compete.
Let’s talk about getting your product to market! Contact us at www.plzcorp.com/contact-us